I am a relatively new Amateur Radio Operator, or "Ham", (license granted in May, 2007) and I'm really enjoying the challenges and rewards of this great hobby. I am also grateful for such a friendly and helpful community of fellow hams, both here in the states and abroad.
This website is a place for me to share information on, and pictures of, my shack, my antennas, projects, and so on. I enjoy "talking tech" (rigs, antennas, etc.) on-the-air, but as they say, a picture is worth a thousand words. www.w1jks.com is an easy-to-reference URL, unless of course the band has gone to crud, hi!
Field Day is my favorite event. I've co-captained (with Ray, KM1D) the 40m station a number of times with the CMARA group. I work sideband while Ray always does a great job racking up points on CW. I've also worked the November SSB Sweeps contest a few times. One of these days I'll get set up for automatic voice messages so I won't go through as many cough drops!
de John, W1JKS
- Name: John, W1JKS
- Previous call: AB1HJ (29-May-2007 - 29-Aug-2007)
- QTH: USA, Massachusetts, Norfolk County, Franklin, Locator FN42hc
- RIG: Elecraft K2 #6138 (Finally added the 100W amplifier option in spring 2009!)
- ANT #0: 40m attic dipole with ladderline feed (thankfully decommissioned)
- ANT #1: W1AB Killer Antenna with "removable" ladderline feed
- ANT #2: 80m Inverted-vee at ~25 feet -- also uses the "removable" ladderline feed